Awhile back I found a great recipe for a hot 7 layer dip that I’ll post here for posterity. It disappears very quickly at work (which doesn’t actually indicate it is good, since those guys will eat anything), but everyone raves about it when I bring it in.
Hot 7 Layer Dip
* 1 (16 oz.) can Refried Beans
* 1 (15.5 oz.) can Black Beans, drained
* 1 (1.25 oz.) package Taco Seasoning Mix
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 cup Salsa
* 1 (4 oz.) can Diced Green Chiles
* 2 to 3 tablespoons Diced Jalepeños
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
* 2 large green onions, sliced
* 1 package tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine refried beans, black beans, and seasoning mix in medium bowl. Spread bean mixture in ungreased 8-inch-square baking dish
- Spread sour cream over bean mixture. Top with salsa, chiles, jalapeños, and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375° F. Remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly. Garnish with green onions. Serve with chips.
Makes 10 servings.