Happy Valentine’s Day. Tonight I tried this recipe out on Casey (since she is a feta fanatic), and it turned out to be quite tasty. So, I thought I would share it with my adoring public.
Chicken Breasts with Feta Cheese Sauce
* Vegetable cooking spray
* 6 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 1 tablespoon margarine
* 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
* 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
* 1 tablespoon freeze-dried chives
* 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until done then set aside, and keep warm.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour to margarine and gradually add evaporated milk to flour mixture while stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Stir in chives and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add feta cheese, and stir until cheese melts.
- Spoon cheese sauce over chicken and serve.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/4 cup sauce).